Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Perfect Elevator Pitch

I recently read a great article on businessweek.com on how an elevator pitch can be one of the most important tools for a company. It talks about how someone involved in a company (especially the owner) should be able to explain to someone in 30 seconds or so, what his or her company does or makes. The article also talks about how ones elevator pitch should always be changing because the company should always be changing. The article stresses that one should always be prepared no matter what one is doing or where one is. Here is the article if anyone wants to check it out before our big day on Monday.

http://www.businessweek.com/careers/content/jun2007/ca20070618_134959.htm

2 comments:

  1. Really great article Dan! It is really nice to read an article reflecting on one person's experiences with elevator pitches. It is interesting that he says that elevator pitches are far too important to take lightly... makes me wonder how my delivery of my e-pitch tomorrow is going to turn out... do you have any other concerns about e-pitches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hardest part for me is the summary sentence. I know what I want to say after I just can't figure out how to word summary sentence. But I definitely know what you mean about your concerns with your delivery because that will always be a concern for me too.

    ReplyDelete